Location: Beckley, West Virginia
Come join a bustling practice with an established team in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains! Raleigh General Hospital is seeking a General Surgeon to join an established hospital-employed practice.
Raleigh General Hospital is the only Level III trauma center in the region with over 40,000 ED visits annually. The ideal candidate will perform a full spectrum of bread-and-butter general surgery including minimally invasive procedures. There is also an ability to incorporate wound care if desired with two hyperbaric oxygen chambers and a full-service, award-winning wound care center.
- Joining 2 other General Surgeons in practice
- Shared ER call 1:5 or better
- Da Vinci Xi Robot available onsite
- 8 ORs in the hospital with flexible block scheduling
- 2 ORs in the MOB across the street from the main campus focusing on outpatient surgeries
- Sub-Specialty support to include Vascular, Orthopedic, ENT, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Hematology/Oncology, and Pulmonologists
- Robust hospitalist program is in place to reduce the need for admissions and focus on consultations.
- Sign On Bonus
- Hospital Employment with Comprehensive Benefits Package (including 401k and EAP)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Malpractice
- Practice Management Support
- Annual CME
- Student Loan Assistance
Raleigh General Hospital (RGH) is a 300-bed full-service, ambulatory care center that has served as the cornerstone for care for over 250,000 people since 1922. RGH offers a broad array of inpatient/outpatient services as a Level III Trauma Center, with Joint Commission accreditation and SCPC Chest Pain Center accreditation. With the addition of robotic-assisted surgery, RGH provides state-of-the-art technology to the W.V. population.
Community and Lifestyle:
Combining the best of small-town values with big-city accessibility, Beckley is the largest city in southern West Virginia and within easy commuting distance to Charleston. Nestled in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, Beckley is the hub for retail facilities, financial resources, and medical services, and home to West Virginia University Institute of Technology and Tamarak. The opportunities for outdoor amenities are endless with rock climbing, whitewater rafting, hunting, hiking, and caving all within minutes of downtown. Beckley is a welcoming, growing community and a wonderful place to live and practice medicine!