Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019740
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time ABR board certified/eligible Radiation Oncologist. We are seeking candidates with experience in teaching and in scholarly productivity.
- Maintain a clinical practice and see patients at our clinics in the Minneapolis metro area.
- Access to substantial resources including state-of-the-art facilities, and collaboration with investigators at the University of Minnesota Medical School and the Masonic Cancer Center (http://www.cancer.umn.edu), an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Pursue scholarly work in an area of specialty/research during dedicated academic time to develop collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Participate in national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty. Mentor and teach medical residents and medical students.
About the Department:
The Department of Radiation Oncology is home to clinical faculty as well as basic science faculty involved in research, undergraduate and graduate education. The department also has an ACGME approved residency program. For more information visit https://med.umn.edu/radiationoncology.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME radiation oncology residency training program.
- Board eligible/certified in radiation oncology.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
- Developed expertise in radiotherapeutic treatment of head and neck and/or adult central nervous system malignancies.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/353832.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.