Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0011351
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School is seeking an accomplished clinician-scientist working in the field of acute or chronic pain science to join a large, collaborative multidisciplinary community of researchers passionate about pain and analgesia research. Academic rank and appointment type will be commensurate with years of experience and accomplishments.
About the Appointment:
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in using state-of-the art approaches with work complementing and expanding on the clinical and/or basic science research already being performed in multiple specialties.
- Substantial start-up funds and laboratory space are available.
- This position will include clinical duties working in/at University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN.
- 1.0 FTE
About the Department:
The Department of Anesthesiology consists of over 60 faculty members working in all areas of clinical anesthesia, critical care, regional anesthesia, pain medicine and basic pain research.
The University of Minnesota is known internationally for pain research and the development of novel analgesic medications.
Research is directed toward a broad-spectrum of questions related to pain transmission, neuroplasticity, hyperalgesia, endogenous pain inhibitory systems, and development of analgesic medications.. The pain community is also well connected with the University's Center for Addiction Research. This provides a highly enriched environment and fosters strong collaborations and interdisciplinary training opportunities. Recent initiatives from the Medical School have also resulted in substantial new institutional support for the broad area of pain medicine within the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Must hold an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME residency and/or fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Demonstrate a strong record of research productivity.
- Applicants should provide evidence of an established, independent research program with a track-record of external NIH-level funding.
- Current, movable funding is strongly preferred.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.