Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0014484
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota is seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position in its Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology. This research-intensive position will be at the Assistant Professor rank on the Tenure-Track. The ideal candidate will be an MD/PhD pediatric physician scientist with basic or translational research expertise plus proven academic productivity (peer-reviewed manuscripts and/or grant funding).
- You are a successful clinical immunologist with the ability to deliver care for children and adolescents with primary immunodeficiency diseases and other highly developed errors of immunity in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The position requires board certification or board eligibility in Allergy and Immunology and board certified in General Pediatrics.
- You will be assigned laboratory space in the University of Minnesota's Center for Immunology and will be provided an appropriate start-up package. We provide a highly successful and collaborative research environment that is well-suited to the mentorship and advancement of physician scientists. Opportunities to participate in the educational mission of the Medical School and Department also exist.
Please email a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to Bryce Binstadt, MD, PhD (email@example.com) with a cc to Sandra Streff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Department:
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics is to generate new knowledge through research, to apply this new knowledge to the highest quality health care for the prevention and treatment of illness in children, and to provide the best possible education of the next generation of medical students, physicians, and other health providers in childhood disease prevention, treatment, research, and advocacy. Through this mission the Department seeks to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and the world.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology fellowship-training program.
- Board certified in Pediatrics. Board eligible/certified in Pediatric Allergy and Immunology.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to work in the United States.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.