Geisinger's Dermatology practice in the beautiful Pocono region of Pennsylvania is expanding!
Join 3 full time general dermatologists and 2 full time Mohs surgeons in a rapidly growing practice. The practice/working environment is very positive and supportive. The Dermatology team is close-knit, collegial and friendly, even though Geisinger is one of the largest and most innovative health care systems in Pennsylvania.
Northeast Pennsylvania is filled with outdoor adventures, cultural activities, and boasts numerous local universities, creating a fulfilling work/life balance for our providers. Our main office in Wilkes Barre, PA is only a few hours from NYC and Philadelphia, giving you close proximity to urban life while still enjoying the benefit of safe communities, good schools, and a stress-free commute. Geisinger is committed to investing in this region with plans for new facilities, program growth, and expanding services.
At Geisinger, our Dermatologists:
· Participate in leadership opportunities including academics, teaching students, residents and fellows
· Publishing and research opportunities
· Fully integrate with our robust electronic health record (Epic)
· Enjoy a Mon-Fri schedule with shared call
· See a blend of patients of all ages, demographics, and complexity
· Perform cosmetic and aesthetic services such as Botox, fillers, peels, sclerotherapy, microneedling, PRP, fraxel laser, V beam laser, and diode hair removal
· Benefit from expert Dermatopathology services with quick turnaround and easy access for consultation.
We are proud of the support we provide:
· Medical school loan repayment up to $150,000
· Monthly stipend available to current residents and fellows upon signature of an offer letter
· Competitive starting salary of $426,000 with sign-on loans (bonus) available
· Excellent benefit package, including paid relocation, malpractice with tail coverage, generous CME time/allowance of $3500/15 days, and much more
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh FoodFarmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencingprograms, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13... hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.