Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Certified Tumor Registrar \(1\.0, Days\) to work in the Swedish Cancer Institute Health Information Services at our First Hill Campus in Seattle, WA\.
The Tumor Registrar Certified abstracts newly diagnosed cancer cases, assists with case identification, and performs quality control procedures on data\.
In this position you will:
- Assist with case identification of newly diagnosed cancer cases
- Follow requirements of the American College of Suregeons as outlined in the Registry Standards Manual, and Swedish Medical Center requirements
- Perform quality checks on TNM cancer staging
- Provide assistance to Cancer Program Coordinator and manager of the Cancer Registry
- Process treatment and follow up data requests
- Handle treatment queries \(TQ's\)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma
- Certified Tumor Registrar \(CTR\)
- Previous experience abstracting newly diagnosed cancer cases
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience working in an ACoS approved Cancer Registry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 147133