Providence is calling an Implantable Device Manager to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
The Implantable Device Manager is based in the OSCM geographic center of expertise, which is yet to be determined. This position supports the Sr. Director Physician Specialty Sourcing in the collaborative development, integration, implementation, and optimization of the OSCM Strategy for implantable device implants contracting which exceeds $100 Million annually. This role works with business and operational stakeholders across Providence, leading, and partnering on OSCM strategic integration efforts; developing and implementing strategic plans around Providence wide initiatives for surgical and cardiovascular implants; ensuring a compliant, effective, and streamlined operational OSCM experience for internal business partners.
The position is responsible for supporting the strategy, contracts and implementation support for orthopedic surgical implants. This includes promoting cost effectiveness and operational efficiency in contracting, purchasing, and product utilization and for performing other duties and responsibilities in support of the programs, activities, and staff of the One Supply Chain Management strategy. Primary responsibilities include: managing supplier relationships with regard to implantable device sourcing, implementing specific programs in support of the OSCM strategy for implantable devices, interaction with various stakeholders, educating them on the value proposition of PPI programs, negotiation and administration of agreements for the OSCM and Resource Councils; managing toward Resource Council contracting goals; coordinating and facilitating education, resource sharing and consensus building processes and programs in collaboration with Health System administrative, clinical and non-clinical staff and physicians.
In this position you will:
- Under the direction of the Senior Director of Physician Specialty Sourcing and the Sr. Manager, Implantable Devices, be responsible for supporting the implementation of the implantable device portfolio which exceeds $100 Million annually.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Physician Specialty Sourcing, and Sr. Manager Implantable Devices to ensure that all implantable device initiatives and programs support the overall Providence Strategic Sourcing plan.
- Support the development of an enterprise-wide contracting portfolio for implantable devices; collaborate closely with the Director, Region and Facility Contracts on regional and site based contracting.
- Be responsible for working with the Senior Director of Physician Specialty Sourcing on developing vendor relationships with specific emphasis on implantable devices, price/service negotiations, vendor integrity and ethics in procurement activities. Manages competitive bid processes and analyzes various proposals and data sets.
- Present to Resource Councils, physicians, and operations leadership in order to achieve strategic goals and initiatives without compromising patient care.
- Support the Senior Director of Physician Specialty Sourcing in the implementation of the OSMC strategic plan for implantable devices, engage in negotiations and monitors contract compliance.
- Collaborate with the appropriate analytic resources to help develop the necessary periodic contract compliance reports for key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the System Director, Strategic Sourcing and the Senior Director of Physician Specialty Sourcing to establish and monitor appropriate contracting policy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree in business or finance or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of Region or enterprise level strategic sourcing experience in a healthcare setting.
- 5 years total relevant supply chain management experience, including a minimum of 1 year managing implantable devices.
- Key experience highlights include: experience creating and successfully executing implantable device programs healthcare business operations and/or financial management experience in a healthcare setting; experience standardizing complex and disparate processes within a large healthcare organization; experience in process improvement methodology, change management, and operational improvement in complex systems.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Experience with Region or enterprise level strategy development and management of implant programs.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supply Chain
Req ID: 147364