Providence is calling a Health Information Management Specialist III to Swedish Health Services in Edmonds, WA\.
We are seeking a Health Information Management Specialist III to perform tasks that support complete, accurate and timely health information for use by patient's healthcare providers, and management and government / regulatory agencies\.
In this position you will:
- Monitor chart delinquencies on a daily basis\. Provide weekly/daily letters to providers notifying them of their incomplete records\. Follow deficiency letter process to keep delinquent medical records to a minimum\. Process suspension letters as outlined in HIM policy and communicate with HIM Director and Medical Staff office\. Maintain positive working relationship with providers to facilitate minimal deficiency rate\.
- Accurately match transcribed patient reports to the correct patient care episodes\. Work error file for medical transcription throughout the day\. Monitor error file and handles all edits, updates, communications and report corrections\. Monitor interfaces between transcription system and Epic\. Support quality patient care through accurate and timely processing of patient care reports\. Process reports to print and transcription folders in Epic on a daily basis\. Maintain provider files in transcription system\.
- Demonstrate ability to perform quality checking of imaged records by review of the Epic record to identify and correct image quality and indexing errors to ensure a complete and accurate medical record\. Track errors identified through the quality control logs\. Communicate feedback regarding accuracy to HIM staff\. Serve as liaison to support and provide accuracy feedback to other hospital departments that image records, as applicable\.
- Demonstrate ability to access analysis workpools in Epic\. Accurately analyze and enter deficiencies for appropriate medical record types according to HIM and Joint Commission guidelines meeting HIM turnaround, quality and productivity requirements\.
- Manage Epic claim edit workqueues related missing documentation or other needed information to support coding account resolution activities\.
- Coordinate forms approval process including conversion of paper forms to electronic files, and maintenance of the forms Inventory\. Represent the department when working with forms requestors throughout the organization\.
- Perform and present results of routine and focused medical record reviews as part of ongoing record review process and Medical Records/Utilization Review committee\. Coordinate committee meetings, including minute taking\.
- Consistently meet HIM Productivity Guidelines
- Perform other job\-related duties as assigned\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of \(1\) year HIM experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
Preferred qualifications for this position include :
- Certification or enrollment in Registered Health Information Technology \(RHIT\) or Registered Health Information Administrator \(RHIA\) program preferred
- Office experience and keyboarding/PC skills required
- Experience with healthcare software systems
About the department you will serve\.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California\. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Health Information Management \(HIM\)
Req ID: 153537