Providence is calling a Medical Laboratory Technician (1.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable) to Providence Medical Group Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis of patient illness by performing phlebotomy and x-ray duties, requiring a complete network of steps and variables. Range of steps includes identification of problem and cause development of alternatives and solutions and confirmation of results.
- Provide assistance to the clinic physician and nurse in preparation and examination of patients.
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment, or care of child, adult, and geriatric patients as needed.
- Perform radiologic examinations using a variety of sophisticated radiologic equipment for use in diagnosis of patient conditions by physicians.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an approved School of Radiological Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technician (American Society for Clinical Pathology) or equivalent
- Current Oregon X-Ray license
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT)
- Have current licensure for Oregon Board of Radiologic Technology (OBRT)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Maintain current educational requirements as outlined by the body of the ARRT, and the OBRT
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of experience in a clinic or hospital setting
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 145290