Providence is calling a Development Officer to Providence Little Company of Mary Foundation in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the direction of the VicePresident of Development/Executive Director, the Development Officer willpersonally manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, working to maximizetheir philanthropic commitments to the Foundation through effectivecultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Plan, organize, coordinate anddirect fundraising efforts that focus on gifts of $25,000 and more fromindividuals, businesses, and foundations.
- Communicate with portfolio prospectsthrough face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings,as well as written strategies; ensure that each major donor and prospecthas a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation andstewardship utilizing a moves management protocol which includes trackingin the donor database.
- Create customized solicitationstrategies based on strategic objectives of organization and interest ofdonors. Initiate, maintain and grow donor relationships to maximizetheir long-term value and benefit to the Foundation. Effectivelycoordinate the overall relationship management with donors. Provide 24hour on call service for donors on a rotation basis.
- Develop and revises, asappropriate, "case statements" for the major gifts initiatives.
- In conjunction with the VicePresident of Development/Executive Director, establishes a personal annualfundraising goal and conducts research on potential individual, businessand foundation funders.
- Work with other staff withinthe Foundation on cultivating annual, major, and planned giving prospectsand maintains appropriate personal relationships with current andpotential donors in order to foster the purpose and the goals of theFoundation. Attends and participates in fundraising events.
- Maintain establisheddepartmental policies and procedures, objectives, improving organizationperformance activities, and safety standards. Staffs committees asassigned.
- Demonstrate Providence Health& Services, Southern California's core values of respect, justice, compassion,stewardship, and excellence to customers, employees, and visitors; andprovides quality service in the performance of work assignments andduties.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor'sdegree; an advanced degree is advantageous.
- A successful fundraising trackrecord with a minimum of 5-7 years of Development fundraising includinghigh-level donor solicitations; a thorough and demonstrated knowledge ofthe prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation process with anemphasis on individual gifts at a level of $25,000 and more; knowledge ofdeferred/planned giving approaches and techniques; demonstrated
- large institution, preferably ahospital, academic or nonprofit research organization.
- The candidate must also possessleadership capabilities to develop staff and volunteers, possessoutstanding analytical and evaluative skills, and exhibit excellentcommunication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational,and administrative skills.
- Advanced working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office products, as well as, a working knowledge of fundraisingsoftware
- Activities may include lightlifting (up to 25 pounds), bending continual standing and walking andcommuting to outside meetings.
Preferred qualificationsfor this position include:
- Previous campaign experience
- Certified as a Fund RaisingExecutive (CFRE)
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Foundation
Req ID: 146338