Providence is calling a Per Diem Night Shift Histology Technician l to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under supervision, routinely prepares microscopic slides of tissue specimens for diagnostic interpretation by pathologist.
- Perform a wide variety of special stains, equipment upkeep, and other routine departmental maintenance.
- Assist with frozen sections and fine needle aspirations/biopsies.
- Able to provide indirect patient care to all age groups from neonates to adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of six months of recent experience in a hospital pathology or laboratory department.
- Must be able to coordinate simultaneous tasks accurately and possess the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders, staffing situations, and changes in workload.
- Must possess sufficient sight (including color discrimination), manual dexterity and mobility to function effectively in exercising job responsibilities.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Companyof Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los
Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use
of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal,
healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and
critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including
Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency
Providence Little Company of
Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital.
We are the only South Bay area hospital
to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held
four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by
the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson
Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational
efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence
Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe
strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to
the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 152095