Providence is calling a Tele Sitter, Full Time, Night shift to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients.
- First line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors.
- Summon the nursing staff is the patient requires assistance by communication device or STAT Alert Alarm (if appropriate).
- Knowledgeable and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A current BLS Card from the American Heart Association for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Accurately and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Fluent ability to understand and communicate using basic medical terminology.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
- Capable of continuous monitoring of up to 12 Tele/Sitter patients on one screen at one time and remaining alert at all times while on duty.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients using a microphone and headset.
- Engage use of Translator Services as needed to communicate with patients.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Basic Microsoft windows experience.
- Efficiency in multitasking.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Graduate of any CNA or NA program or demonstrated equivalence in a healthcare position preferred.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 153394