Providence is calling a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Home Health, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Home Services in King County, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide treatment procedures and carry out discharge plans as specified by the treatment plan established by an Occupational Therapist.
- Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Promote and practice patient/family, personal, and environmental safety while performing job duties according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in relevant educational activities to provide competent care to patients/caregivers, to improve the rehab process, and to seek personal and professional growth.
- Display professionalism in the work environment in all areas including communication with both internal and external customers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant from an accredited COTA program
- Current Washington State License as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current Washington State Driver's license and access to daily use of an insured, reliable vehicle OR an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
- Proof of current auto insurance
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year therapy experience in home care or in a related rehabilitation setting
- Experience with the geriatric population
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Home Services is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide skilled nursing and therapy for patients who are recovering from or living with an acute or chronic illness. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical/speech therapists, medical directors, and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 143974