Providence is calling an Executive Director of Foundation to Providence Benedictine Nursing Center in Mount Angel , OR.
The Executive Director of Foundation provides professional fundraising expertise and management for the Providence Benedictine Nursing Center Foundation with major emphasis on leading annual, endowment, and capital campaigns that will generate significant financial support to help meet the needs of the Providence Benedictine Nursing Center's stated long-range vision, goals and objectives. Performs duties in a manner that promotes a team concept and reflects the Providence Health System mission and philosophy.
Works closely with and is responsible on a day-to-day basis to the Executive Director of the Providence Benedictine Nursing Center. Is also responsible to the Chair of the Foundation Board of Directors. Participates as a member of the PBNC department head team and the PHS Regional Foundation Team. The position does not supervise any other positions.
In this position, you will:
- Assist the Foundation Board of Directors in developing a Comprehensive Plan that sets forth the Foundation mission, goals, strategies, objectives, and budget; and assists the Board in periodically evaluating and annually updating this plan.
- Implement the Foundation Comprehensive Fund Raising Plan.
- Assist the Board in fulfilling their fiduciary responsibility by assisting in the development of policies and procedures for the financial and business management of the Foundation.
- Manage the day-to-day business and finances of the Foundation according to policies and procedures established by the Board.
- Assist the Board in developing and maintaining highly qualified members to govern and lead the foundation enterprise.
- Provide functional liaison between the Foundation and the Nursing Center so as to coordinate the work of the Foundation with the various functions of the Nursing Center, especially finance, marketing, communications, public relations, etc.
- Manage the development and implementation of all communications strategies for Foundation programs.
- Serve on the PBNC department head team and participates in the planning process of the Nursing Center.
- Develop and manage the budget for the Foundation and reports variances monthly to Executive Director.
- Maintain and enhance personal expertise through appropriate educational experiences.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three to five years experience in annual fund, endowment building, major gift campaigns, grant writing, and public relations.
- Experience in management.
- Experience with non-profit agencies and working with a board of directors.
- A history of continued professional affiliations with community groups and organizations.
- In Compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS), a criminal background check is required for this position.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Location: Oregon-Mount Angel
Req ID: 144097