Providence is calling a Clinical Lab Scientist (Full Time) at our Providence Medical Institute East Valley Hematology Oncology location in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis of patient illness byperforming laboratory analysis requiring a complete network of steps andvariables.
- Perform duties which include identification of problems, solutions and confirmation of results.
- Provide assistance to the clinic physician and nurse in preparation and examination ofpatients.
- Be responsible for theassessment, treatment, or care of child, adult and geriatric patients.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects theProvidence Health System mission, philosophy and core values of respect,compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CA state Clinical Lab Scientist license.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a clinic or hospital setting.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as clinical laboratory generalist.
- Experiencerequired in auto analyzers operation: Chemistry, hematology, Coagulation, andimmunology instruments.
- Experiencerequired in CBC manual differentials including identification of abnormalmorphology.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 147873