Psychiatrist - Associate Medical Director
Psychiatry, Behavioral and Addiction Medicine
Addiction is a multifaceted and chronic disease requiring integrated resources to manage. The position is responsible for the maintenance and development of services at Geisinger Marworth’s inpatient addiction facility. The position works with other medical staff, as well as nursing and counseling staff, to care for patients in the facility.
Qualifications: BC in Psychiatry. Graduate of accredited Medical School with a current medical license for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and current Buprenorphine waiver for DEA.
Must hold at least one of the following:
- Current Addiction certification from American Board of Preventative Medicine
- Current certification by American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Current Addiction Psychiatry accreditation by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Program Development. This position will be responsible for leading the addiction medicine fellowship program through ACGME certification.
Academics is a strong focus within Geisinger and we offer opportunities in the northeast to teach our Addiction Medicine Fellowship, Family Medicine residents, medical students, PA and NP students, pharmacists and psychiatry residents. Geisinger Wyoming Valley hospital is also conveniently located near the Commonwealth Medical College in Scranton Pennsylvania; The Wilkes Barre and Scranton areas are also home to nine other colleges and universities. This role will also be expected to create education programs for other providers and be a leader in breaking down barriers and stigma around addiction, system wide, including education of clinical team at Center of Excellence sites.
Geisinger offers excellent compensation, benefits, generous CME and time off including full relocation, retirement contributions, benefits that begin day one; 20 paid days off, and 15 days and $3,500.00 for CME benefits. Living in northeast Pennsylvania offers:
- Safe neighborhoods and affordable housing
- Great fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and biking
- International airport (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre)
- Local minor-league sports teams and fine dining
- Easy access to New York City and Philadelphia
- Excellent local public and private elementary/secondary schools
- Nine universities and graduate institutions in the immediate area
- Progressive and diverse city region of over 550K
For more information, visit geisinger.org/careers or contact:
Lori Surak, Department of Professional Staffing, at 570-214-81223 or email@example.com.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.